- Experience unique, informative, interactive and entertaining performances under the stars.
- Be taken back in time through Cambodia’s turbulent history and learn the secrets behind Angkor.
- Watch the flickering shadows of puppets as they bring their stories and culture to life.
Storytelling and Insights over Dinner
Bambu Stage is Siem Reap’s newest open-air theatre venue. It presents unique shows about the history, culture and modern issues that affect Cambodia. This one-of-a-kind authentic experience takes place under the stars. In just one evening you will gain an insiders knowledge about the background to Cambodia and the great temples of Angkor.
Along with a delicious dinner, you can choose from the following options:
1. Snap! 150 years of Photography in Cambodia: An exhibition of the very first photographs that were taken of Angkor. Through live music, special effects and shorts from old movies you will be taken through the turbulent history of Cambodia. Be prepared to get emotional as you hear the stories about royalty, temples and war, along with personal memories.
2. Angkors Temples De-coded: An interactive show that tells you everything you need to know about the temples of Angkor. Using a huge model, live action drawings and colourful projected images, you will learn how the temples were built and how they relate to astronomy and the spirit of the ancestors. It’s an engaging and fun way to get unique insights that you can apply to any temple in Cambodia.
3. Bambu Puppets: Using fire, music, flickering shadows and special effects this very physical theatre brings Cambodian folk, classical and modern stories to life. Meet the puppet makers, handle the puppets yourself, and learn about the diversity of Asian puppetry.
|Theme||Arts & Culture, Culinary|