- Explore a typical Cambodian morning market by cyclo.
- Sample traditional Khmer snacks, desserts and drinks.
- Offer food and flowers to the monks and receive a blessing.
Explore Morning Local Life by Cyclo
Take an early morning visit to the market to watch the locals go about their daily activities and sample some delicious Khmer food.
We will pick you up from your hotel and take you by cyclo to a local market not on the usual tourist trail. Stroll past the pavement stalls piled high with the typical ingredients used in everyday traditional Khmer cuisine – fresh vegetables, aromatic herbs, tropical fruits, meat and fish.
Stop for a while to chat with the locals while you sample Nom Banh Chok, a rice noodle dish served with vegetables. At the Nom Pang stall try a French baguette filled with all sorts of unusual ingredients including pickled papaya. Follow this with some delicious Cambodian desserts and a glass of refreshing sugarcane juice. This sweet drink is a favourite with the locals, not only because it’s cheap but also because it tastes so good!
Before leaving the market your guide will help you select some food, flowers and candles to be offered as alms at the temple. Climb back on the cyclo and weave your way through the crowds to a pagoda. Learn about the Buddhist way of life and witness how the locals arrange lunch for the monks. You then have the unique opportunity to offer your food and flowers to the monks and receive a blessing in return.
Return to your hotel.
- 07h00 – 11h30
Notes or FAQ’s
- Booking is on request.
- Operate daily, except National Holidays please check the availability with our team.
- Private basis with capacity 1 – 15 persons.
- Tour can be booked for bigger group and on request.
- Starting time can be flexible in the between 07h00 – 07h30.
- Please wear easy walking shoes, sun protection such as sunglasses & sun screen or umbrella.
- There will be supplement charge to apply for clients who stay on the other side of the river i.e. Sokha Phnom Penh, Blue River, High Sky hotel.
- Keep your stomach empty for this morning tour.
|Theme||Arts & Culture, Classic, Culinary, Cycling|