- Walk Yangon’s artistic alleyways adorned with vibrant murals.
- Admire artworks from local artists in a renowned art gallery.
- Try your hand at making handicrafts from locally sourced materials.
back alleyways have been transformed from no-go areas into happy,
vibrant, art-filled playgrounds. The formerly drab walls have become a
free canvas for local artists to decorate with colourful murals. We will
walk these unusual backstreets to admire the art and get a ‘behind the
scenes’ glimpse of life in Yangon.
At Wazyia Cinema Street we can see images of famous Myanmar film stars, and pass by the oldest cinema in the city. In Pansodan Gallery we will see artworks from budding Burmese artists as well as of older masters.
We will spend some time at Hla Day, a not-for-profit social enterprise that works with Myanmar artisans, disadvantaged groups and small businesses to create and sell handmade products with a contemporary twist. We can even try our hand at making some handicrafts using locally sourced materials – a great souvenir to take home.
The tour ends with a delicious afternoon tea at Rangoon Tea House.
- 09h00 – 14h00 (or) 14h00 – 19h00
- ICS English speaking guide
- Myanmar handicrafts workshop at Hla Day
- Refreshment at Rangoon Tea House
- Other services not mentioned in here
Notes or FAQ’s
- Operate Daily except Saturdays.
- Meeting point: In front of Yangon City Hall.
- Recommend for group activity.
- Capacity: 4 – 10 persons per tour.
- Please book in advance for creative workshop.
- Workshop duration is 2hours and you can take the artwork you have done.
- Recommend to bring your hat, sunglasses, personal sunscreen or sun spray as this is walking tour.
- Tour based on English speaking guide and there will be surcharges for other language speaking guide request.